That one Friday night where we were too lazy to cook or dining out either and it was my turn to prepare dinner (arrrgghhhh…). I got home and looked into the fridge, freezer, and pantry; hoping I can make something really quick. Once I saw the three pieces of salmon fillet sitting in the freezer, I decided that would be our dinner! ~(˘▾˘~) (~˘▾˘)~
This dish is very easy and quick to make, one of those truly effortless recipe. I think the only challenge would be just how long and the oven temperature to cook the salmon. Overcooked salmon can be too dry just as not enjoyable as if it is undercooked. Unfortunately that every oven is not the same, you will need to work out the time and temperature to cook the salmon for best result. Know your oven and practice makes perfect!
3 pieces salmon fillets (fully thawed if frozen)
3 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
salt and black pepper
light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 230C
- In a bowl, mix together lemon juice, chopped parsley, chopped garlic, dijon mustard, and generous amount of olive oil
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking tray that has been lined with baking paper or aluminium foil
- Generously lather the sauce on top of the salmon fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Baked in the preheated oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, do not over cook as the fish will be too dry.
- And that’s it, a very easy dish without compromising the delicious taste
I served the salmon with steamed vegies and some oven baked chips – dinner is fixed! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧